OUR CORE BELIEFS
We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God.
- That the 66 books of the Old and New Testament were inspired by the Spirit of God as originally written
- That the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct. (II Timothy 3:16)
We believe in one God, Creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three equal Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
We believe in the absolute and essential deity of our Lord Jesus Christ
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God’s only son and that He is literally God in the flesh; becoming a man after already existing as God in Heaven.
(John 1:1,14; Philippians 2:6-11; Colossians 1:17)
- We believe that Jesus died on the cross, on purpose, so that He might be the perfect sacrifice for our sins.
- We believe that Jesus rose from the dead on the third day after He was crucified. His resurrection demonstrated His power over death and validated His words and ministry.
(I Corinthians 15:3-7)
- We believe that Jesus will return some day to take us to be with Him in Heaven, and that He will reign with absolute power and authority.
(Matthew 24:36-44; I Thessalonians 4:16,17)
We believe in the absolute and essential deity, and in the personality of the Holy Spirit
- We believe the Holy Spirit indwells true believers and acts as a Counselor, Comforter, Teacher, Developer of spiritual fruits and Giver of spiritual gifts.
(John 14:25,26; Galatians 5:22,23; I Corinthians 12:4-6; Ephesians 4:11-13)
We believe that a person needs to accept Jesus Christ to be saved from sin and to go to Heaven (John 3:16;14:6)
- It says that a person must hear and believe that Jesus Christ is God’s Son (Romans 10:14)
- They must understand that they have fallen short of God’s Glory by sinning against God (Romans 3:23)
- They must realize that they cannot make it to heaven on their own merits: it is by God’s grace that we are given the opportunity to be saved (Ephesians 2:8,9; Romans 6:23)
- They must confess their belief in Christ and be willing to place their trust in Him (Romans 10:11)
they must be baptized (by immersion) into Christ for the forgiveness of their sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38, Matthew 28:19, Romans 6:3-7).
We believe the church is God’s people, consisting of those who are saved in Christ. (Matthew 16:18)
- The church is to give glory to God in worship (Ephesians 5:19,20); to evangelize (Matthew 28:19); and to teach the believers how to bring glory and honor to Jesus in their lifestyles (Ephesians 4:5), recognizing Him as Head of the church (Ephesians 5:23)